Casino betting tips and advice
Casino betting tips and advice The only way casinos make money is if you lose and believe us when they tell you that knowing when to stop is a critical part of ensuring a successful session at either a land based casino or online casino. The bottom line is that casinos are in business to make money and the last thing they need is for you to fund out your winnings and walk away.
As a result they do everything they can to help ensure you keep playing and put any winnings you may have generated back in to the casino.
Below we've established a set of simple guidelines that should be followed when playing most of these apply to both online casinos and terrestrial casinos.
1. Have a firm grasp of the games you're playing, in other words know them inside out! It's a widely known fact in casino gambling that the most knowledgeable player is the six with the most luck. You ought to never get ahead of yourself and jump in to playing a game if you don't at maximum understand the basic rules of the game. It's very important to know what you're doing before you do. If you're playing at a land based casino don't be afraid to ask the dealer questions or alternatively ask for a rules sheet which most casinos keep on hand for newbies. In online casinos it's worth while reading the rules of the game which are typically made obtainable either in the casino application itself or by the casino web-site.
2. Never drink alcohol and play! There's obviously a reason the drinks at casinos are free and it's not because the casino is generous. It's been proven time and time again that alcohol leads to lack of judgment for lots of people and thus it impairs rational though and can sometimes result in players making silly mistakes. If you're going to drink alcohol and play do so in moderation and not to the point where you're drunk.
3. Set a limit for how much you need to play and never exceed that! Before entering in to an online casino or leaving your home for a land based casino be sure to set a limit for how much money you need to spend and stick to it. It's easy to get in to a situation where you start chasing your losses and as a result as other have found you can quickly burn a hole in your wallet. Online casinos make it easy to make deposits and generate an impression as though you're not using money as for the most part it's done on credit. Be sure to set your limits before you start playing and not deviating from there.
4. Try not to get overconfident! Six of the most common mistakes made by novice gamblers is when they win giant rapid. The better judgment of new players will sometimes get the best of them and result in the loss of a giant win. It's important that if you win a decent amount that you ought to pocket a quantity of those winnings or if playing online make a withdrawal. This way you can ensure that you walk away with something. Even if you're able to walk away with what you started with you'll be better off than walking away with nothing.
5. Try keeping a low profile. Wherever there's money there's sometimes unscrupulous characters lurking. For your own protection never tell someone about your winnings or losses while in a casino or even outside. It's also important to recall to never show any large quantities of money, chips or tickets in public view. With online casinos this is not an issue, however if you pick to post on message boards, etc. never reveal your real name, phone number, e-mail address or any other personally identifiable details for your own personal safety.
BY CASINOWEBSCRIPTS PUBLISHED 19 May 2011